Walking in the Mourne Mountains
Tory Bush Cottages are ideally located as a base for a walking holiday, both low land and through the high Mournes being located only 600 metres from the Trassey Track, the main access point to the mountains.
Click on the following link for a detailed Walkers Guide of the Mournes, a 24 page download with detailed itineraries, images and route descriptions plus local information such as ‘best places to eat’ .
For details of more walks across the province click on the following link.
A new local business is now offering guided walks in the Mournes and County Down area, for this months walks check out below.
‘Take a stroll with us and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Ireland’
Walks Programme – February, 2013
Date Walk Details Meeting Place
Wednesday 6th No Walk
Wednesday 13th No Walk
Wednesday 20th ‘Dromore Walk’ Meeting St. Car Park, Dromore
Wednesday 27th ‘The Two Lakes Walk’ Dolly’s Brae Car Park, Leitrim Rd., Castlewellan
Important information relating to all walks:
* Boots or strong shoes must be worn.
* Please bring rainwear, snack and drink.
* Walks are variable in length, (generally they are between 5 & 8 miles).
* Walkers must be over 16 years of age.
* No dogs allowed.
* Any walker(s) who leave the walk do so of their own volition.
* Please ring to book – not later than evening before walk.
* We reserve the right to change, cancel or abandon walks due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
All walks start at 11am. Fee: £7 per person per walk.
(Note: Other walks are available by arrangement; for further information or to book a place on any walk please contact Cahal/Patricia: Tel. No. 028 4377 8721 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)